Description: This apprenticeship combines two vocations perfectly – the metal technician (main module tool making) and the plastic-mold maker. As a metal technician (main module mechanical engineering) you are responsible for the manufacture, the maintenance and repair of molds for injection. Technical drawings form the basis for various process operations such as sawing, drilling, turning, filing, cutting or eroding. You also use numerically controlled NC and CNC machines.
As plastic mold maker you compose ready-made plastic recipes consisting of chemical substances, binders and additives to produce plastic objects, especially those for mass production. Plastic mold makers supervise the production of such plastic objects and optimize manufacturing processes.
Term: 4 years
Vocational school: 4 x 10 weeks block course with boarding school accommodation, vocational school Steyr 1 / Austria
- Manual dexterity
- An interest in technical things and a grasp of technical backgrounds
- Mathematical skills and a logic way of thinking
- Freehand drawing skills
- Good spatial imagination
- Ability to work in a concentrated manner
- Working precisely
After completion of this double apprenticeship you can work for us as:
- Tool making technician (CNC cutting machinist, eroder, turner, maintenance technician)
- Plastic mold maker
- Applications technician
- Quality control technician
This is an opportunity to complete an apprenticeship with higher school certificate
How to apply
We prefer you to make use of our on-line application tool for the desired apprenticeship vacancy. For a complete application we require the following documents from you:
- Letter of application
- A hand-written personal data sheet with a photo of yourself (which may be scanned)
- A copy/scan of your annual school certificate of class 3 of your secondary modern school or of seventh school grade.
- A copy/scan of your fourth class leaving certificate of your secondary modern school or your annual school certificate of your last completed year at school.
- A copy/scan of this year's current term certificate, if available.
Things we pay attention to in your application:
Your application documents should give us an impression of who you are. We attach great importance to neatness, discipline and above all: completeness of your set of documents.
Thank you very much.
For this training course starlim//sterner provides the option of undergoing technical training with a higher school certificate. Training will be conducted at the Technical Teaching Academy (KTLA) in Kremstal / Austria.