Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone parts specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber moulding for health care and automotive industries.
Located in London since 2004, our Austrian mother company has been expanding world-wide since 1974. Our proprietary, fully automated, world-class technologies and high quality products, combined with creative, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing technologies allow us to deliver high quality products.
Maintain the efficient operation of the injection molding machines and the production process.
- Makes hourly checks at the injection molding machine(s) (IMM) to inspect parts for defects. Must be able to recognize quality deficiencies and rectify them or stop production.
- Consistently completes any required production/quality documentation with accuracy according to work instructions
- Performs 100% inspection of rejected or suspect parts
- Successful completion of IMM take over in conjunction with the Process Technicians
- Daily machine maintenance and cleaning (according to product specifications); abnormalities and damage to be recorded in production log
- Complete necessary raw material changes and booking process
- Responsible for bin changes and accurate scanning process to ensure traceability
- Material handling of tote boxes of parts from the machine to shipping
- Execute post production related tasks including loading and unloading post-curing ovens
- Washing and packaging parts in the cleanroom to meet customer specific requirements
- Communicates with Shift Leader and/or quality technicians when quality issues arise
- Other duties as assigned by the Shift Leader
- Perform housekeeping in the production area and the molding machines
- Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
- Conduct any work activities according to established job instructions and follow procedures and practices of Starlim North America Corporation
Successful candidate will have:
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Commitment to your team and good attendance record
- Ability to execute a variety of tasks with little supervision
- Ability to understand customer specifications and quality requirements at Starlim and perform accordingly
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job may include but not limited to close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work all shifts including days, afternoons, nights, and weekends
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please apply with your cover letter and resume to https://starlimna.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=78
Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment. Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.