Silicone development lab
starlim has its own development laboratory at its headquarters in Marchtrenk. This offers many advantages that you as a customer benefit from in the product development cycle.
Our service offer:
- Tests according to customer requirements
- Chemical tests in low volume heat storage ovens, for example, for the service life simulation
- Test device for material characterization for the simulation
- Laboratory tests on complete systems for failure analysis
- Laboratory sample production as hand samples from “real material”
- Cooperation with external testing institutes
- Mechanical processing of complete systems, for example, for error analysis or preparation for testing
- Electrical tests
- Measurement of stress relaxation
- Measurement of tension and compression set
- Force-displacement measurement up to 5 kN (non-contact measurement of elongation)
- Leak test, vacuum & overpressure
- Direct access to laboratory equipment in the development process (waiting times are reduced)
- Development, validation and verification possible directly during product development
- Pre-tests on silicone components with the first-produced parts are possible
- Tests with a focus on the sealing element are possible
- Equipment available for testing elastomer components
- Expedited know-how transfer directly from the development laboratory
- Material characterization directly in the development laboratory
- Flexibility to react quickly and easily to your requirements
At starlim, we have extensive material and process knowledge about the phenomenon of silicone. With reference to your requirements, we start with the product development together.
We stick to the “single source supply” principle. Marchtrenk is not only the center for the development of products. Here we design and produce the molds for injection molding products exclusively in our own tool making department. Our expertise is concentrated entirely here at our HQ. This makes us independent and we can react in a flexible manner.
Early mass production-like LSR parts within only 10 working days – this is rapid tooling starlim-sterner-style.
Rapid Tooling – fast tool making – was developed so our customers could be offered first LSR injection parts after a brief time span; those parts were made under mass production-like conditions.
First serial parts within a short span of time. By producing a test tool it is possible to offer our customers LSR injection molding parts which after a brief time span were made under mass production conditions.
Micro injection molding
Micro injection molding
At starlim, components are manufactured in large series as standard, which have a weight of at least 10mg. We refer to silicone components under 10mg as micro injection molding.
In order to have a controlled environment for the production of the purest silicone parts, starlim has its own clean room. This is certified according to the classes ISO 14644-1 class 7 & 8 as well as GMP class C&D.
In the fully automatic injection molding process, one-component and multi-component parts are made from silicone at starlim. Production takes place at the Austrian locations in Marchtrenk, Weißkirchen and Lambach as well as in our Canadian branch in London / Ontario.