FEA (finite element analysis), also called simulation, is a common and widely-used modern calculation method in engineering and is one of the standard tools in precast component simulation.
At starlim, FEA is a tool that is used for product and component development in order to be able to simulate the function of a silicone component virtually in the development stage. The topic of simulation is here a direct part of the product development process as one of the main components for design validation on the virtual component. The focus is on the simulation of prefabricated components made of liquid silicone with all its unique properties.
starlim’s FEA service portfolio:
- Complete in-house simulation possible
- Simulation of complete systems
- Pre- and post-processing directly in the product development stage
- Material characterization for simulation directly in the product development stage
- Know-how & database for the silicone materials used at starlim (direct transfer to the simulation environment possible)
- Verification of the simulation results in the development laboratory
- Analysis of demolding processes in the injection molding tool (focus on production)
- Simulation of the assembly processes
- Component optimization, variant calculation
- Analysis of the actual systems (e.g. in the event of failure)
- Analysis of the silicone component in the installation situation
- Analysis of the sealing behavior
- 2-component analysis of the sealing behavior for multi-materials
- Component development, product development/component development with a virtual model
Simulation of demolding
Simulation of assembly
At starlim, we have extensive material and process knowledge about the phenomenon of silicone. With reference to your requirements, we start with the product development together.
We stick to the “single source supply” principle. Marchtrenk is not only the center for the development of products. Here we design and produce the molds for injection molding products exclusively in our own tool making department. Our expertise is concentrated entirely here at our HQ. This makes us independent and we can react in a flexible manner.
Early mass production-like LSR parts within only 10 working days – this is rapid tooling starlim-sterner-style.
Rapid Tooling – fast tool making – was developed so our customers could be offered first LSR injection parts after a brief time span; those parts were made under mass production-like conditions.
First serial parts within a short span of time. By producing a test tool it is possible to offer our customers LSR injection molding parts which after a brief time span were made under mass production conditions.
Micro injection molding
Micro injection molding
At starlim, components are manufactured in large series as standard, which have a weight of at least 10mg. We refer to silicone components under 10mg as micro injection molding.
In order to have a controlled environment for the production of the purest silicone parts, starlim has its own clean room. This is certified according to the classes ISO 14644-1 class 7 & 8 as well as GMP class C&D.
In the fully automatic injection molding process, one-component and multi-component parts are made from silicone at starlim. Production takes place at the Austrian locations in Marchtrenk, Weißkirchen and Lambach as well as in our Canadian branch in London / Ontario.