Large series mass production is standard at starlim//sterner’s. Component weight goes down to 10 mg. Silicone components with a weight of below 10 mg are subjected to other physical laws. This is why starlim//sterner defines such products as "micro molding" parts.
General definition of micro-injection molding
The term comprises today 3 classes of components:
- Micro injection parts with micro structured areas (CD, "plastic-wafer", ... )
- Micro injection parts or micro molded parts weighing a few milligrams (micro housings, watch hands, ...).
- Micro shaped components with tolerances and minimum dimensions in the µ range (gear wheels for watches, …).
Range of starlim//sterner micro-injection molded parts
- Micro-silicone components below 10 mg with very precise undercuts and depressions
- Single and multi-component injection moldings
- Parts removal via Handling-Robot
- Optical monitoring of quality during processing
- Orientated parts depositing
- Automatic packaging of parts
- Optional: all activities are carried out in the clean room